Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lighthouses

A pause from our normal blogging is in order here to do some explaining to those of you who have received a token of our rememberance of our trip back East (and to the others, we will get to you as we can). We saw some really great lighthouses in Maine. For some reason we really like lighthouses. They remind us that truly Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy, and invite us to Come, All Whose Souls Are Lighted. So we got something for us, and for each of our families, to remember to "send a gleam across the wave", either "from Greenland's icy mountains" or where-ever.




"My counsel for all of us is to look to the lighthouse of the Lord. There is no fog so dense, no night so dark, no gale so strong, no mariner so lost but what its beacon light can rescue. It beckons through the storms of life. The lighthouse of the Lord sends forth signals readily recognized and never failing.
"I love the words found in Psalms: “The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; . . . I will call upon the Lord . . . so [I shall] be saved from mine enemies.”
"The Lord loves us, my brothers and sisters, and will bless us as we call upon Him."
President Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment