Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Anomalous Autumnal August

Alliterations aside . . . . today is a beautiful day in Yuba City. When I got up at 6:00 to ride my bike it was overcast with the wind out of the south. I flew up the levee to the north end of the pavement and then fought it all the way back to Shanghai Bend where I began. Then I worked in the yard all morning removing the last vestiges of our garden, trimming back our neighbor's pomegranate tree, and shaping up the lawn. And I wore my flannel shirt the whole time. Wonderful. Of course I was all done by 11:00 so I could do the wash and get my lesson ready for tomorrow (which I should be doing now). For lunch I had bacon pancakes - yummmmm. You cook the bacon and then put them inside the pancakes while you cook them. (batter - bacon - batter) Very tasty. I was talking to M while making this culinary delight and she indicated that her mother needs to come home and get me under control. No doubt. Sorry no pics, the camera is in AZ where little ME made her debut this last Thursday afternoon. Her brother went to see her and it looks like they will be getting along fine.

2 comments:

  1. Miss you Dad. Let's get together and cook and work outside together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you for getting on making those bacon pancakes.

    ReplyDelete