Sunday, August 1, 2010

I Spy

When I was in Salt Lake, Sharon showed me how to make an I Spy quilt. It seemed like it was something I could do and I have really wanted to do some quilting. I thought it would be fun to do one for Kate's birthday. One of the things I enjoyed the most was looking for the material to make the quilt. I do love to walk through the aisles at JoAnn's and look at material. Once I got it all put together it was time to bind the quilt. I have not had much experience in the area but Sharon also told me there was a way to make praire points to bind the quilt. Rather than making the praire points one at a time you can make continuous praire points and the tutorial on the internet is amazing. Here is the finished project. Don't you just love the binding?

3 comments:

  1. I love it, Mom! The colors and material are so fun. And I do like the binding - kind of a fun change. When you come out you'll have to show me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too, too cute! I LOVE the binding! Good job "Joy"!

    (Love ya!)

    ReplyDelete