Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Space Needle

When I was in the 3rd Grade I read in my Weekly Reader about a "Space Needle" being built in Seattle, WA.  I still remember thinking that it would be the most incredible thing in the world to be able to visit Seattle and go up in that amazing structure.  But as much as I really wanted to go up in it, I just knew that I would never be able to do so.
Well, on September 9, 2013, a mere 50 years later, I finally got my wish.  The four of us continued our celebration of mom's birthday by having lunch in the space needle.  And I must say that it is everything I expected.  I loved the rotation as we ate.  It went around more than twice during our meal (because someone, I don't know who, couldn't decide what he wanted to eat, and then took all day eating it).  
What a great time!  Here are some photos.
  The view from across Lake Union.
 Emerging from the morning fog.
At long last, we have arrived.
 The view to the west from our table - the Olympic National Forest.  It was a beautiful day and we could see the surrounding mountain ranges quite well.
 Our desert.  It was not only entertaining (as was the waiter), but tasted good too.
Downtown Seattle, with Mt. Ranier off to the right in the background.
 View to the NE, across Lake Union with Bothell off in the distance.
Giant spiders on top of the museum building down below.

 In the restaurant.  We went around more than twice - what a thrill.




After lunch we went up on the observation deck and took some more pictures.
It was a really clear day and the view was great.
 The Totem Pole out front of the Space Needle.
The park around the structure was beautifully landscaped as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love Seattle! There are so many fun things to do. Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete