Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's Up & Functioning

So here it is - the grape arbor! It is all done except for the staining and planting the grapes & jasmine. The grapes are purchased and waiting patiently for their day in the sun, so to speak. As for shade, I checked and at 5:00 p.m. there was a pretty decent amount of shade. Of course this isn't July, but we'll see how it tracks. Any comments are welcome. I am actually not happy with how the 2x8 lattice work turned out, so I may fine tune that in the days to come.

5 comments:

  1. I like it! I'm excited to see it with the grapes and jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Rich! When are the antlers going up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what you don't like about the lattice work. Unless you are planting a lot more grapes and jasmine than I think you are, you will want that for shade during the 5-6 years it will take for the plants to fill in as well as that covers. This place of yours is looking really nice (notice how I avoided saying it looked squirrely, ooops not quite). Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dad, it looks fantastic. Great work. I have two landscaping books checked out from the library, so you and I will have to talk landscaping when you get here, I need your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Dad it looks awesome! Nice work! I'm with Mr. Math, where are the antlers?

    ReplyDelete