Sunday, June 28, 2009

The New Look

Thanks to my wonderful wife my office has a new look. She let me pick out the colors - a major act of faith given that when it comes to colors I just don't get it. Then she painted the room and I picked out, stained, and installed the chair rail. I think it turned out pretty nicely, and I got to use my new table saw to cut the pieces. I made some mistakes, but they aren't noticeable at this range. I may get brave and put up some close ups of the parts that didn't go so well. For example, I ended up with a 1/4 inch gap right by the door. I went around and around with myself looking for ways to fix it, and decided that given my batting average with the rest of the project, I'd better leave it for now as all of my ideas had more potential for making it worse than making it better.

Looking SW from my computer desk to my "real desk".
The one bookcase that I decided to keep in my office is on the wall opposite this desk.
Looking at the north wall & the gap by the door.
Looking toward the door & the little piece (1.25") that fits on the right side of the door that I made with my new toy - and that fit perfectly - I am so proud of myself.

2 comments: