Sunday, June 28, 2009

There Was Something Wrong With His Feet

Yesterday I received an email from the president of our Spanish-speaking unit here in the stake, Ron Williford. I have included most of it here as a reminder of the legacy left by a truly amazing man - literally hundreds will "never forget ole whatshisname" & I have no doubt that literally thousands and more have been, and will be, the beneficiaries of his good life.

"Last week I went to meet with a sister who joined the church quite a few years ago and recently resurfaced. The missionaries have been working with her and her nonmember husband. When I went to their house to meet them, they were in the yard trying to get a washing machine to work. I helped them figure out the problem, then we went in and had a nice visit. Toward the end, she said I reminded her of another man who used to come and help get her and her kids to church, and in fact had seen that her washing machine was broken and brought her a new one. Couldn't figure out who it might have been until she mentioned he didn't speak much Spanish and there was something wrong with his feet. Good man, that Howard whatsisname."

No comments:

Post a Comment