Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Into The Woods

Okay, now that you have put up with some rather odd photos, here are some of the better ones. The redwoods really are very beautiful. The day we took these first couple of photos the sun was just coming out and burning off the very patchy fog, creating some pretty shots.
These didn't turn out quite as I had hoped, but I knew when I took them that it would be a dicey proposition. I couldn't get the right angle so that I could photo the web and spider so that you could see them. In person this was really a great sight.
Here are a couple of shots of the Eel River showing the mist as it was departing.
It never ceases to amaze me just how green everything is. But it should come as no surprise, as everything is not only green - but wet. We love to walk in the woods as it is so quiet and we are surrounded by ferns and clover. This first photo is of an interesting phenomenon - it appears that new trees are growing up from one that has fallen over, presumeably, but definitely not, dead.
And a final shot of the fog shrouded hills. This really does not do it justice as it was very beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Redwoods too, so glad you had a great trip. Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete