Monday, January 31, 2011

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

Okay, this may seem rather random, but we have not posted to this blog for a long, long, long time. Not that we lack for things to post about, but we have been distracted by other things. So as I began to look back over the draft posts, I found a bunch that I started but never finished. So I intend to publish a bunch of posts over the next week or so to clean out old drafts and to show briefs on some of what we have been up to.

These pictures are from our trip to AZ last October. We had so much fun, and now that it is cold and dark in most of the rest of the country, I thought it might be nice to show some sunny and warm (and dry!) pictures.
This is a plant in the vacant lot next to the Hogges in AZ. They all said it was not dead, but would get green and bloom . . . . . no, it was dead.
A testimony that cactus can be beautiful. Personally, I think most forms of cactus are very beautiful. We have some Aloe Vera in our yard that grows like a weed and gets gorgeous flowers on it every year.


Isn't this beautiful?
And this one reminds me of a Christmas tree. I can just imagine in all lit up.

1 comment:

  1. I hate to disagree with you, but, nope. Not beautiful.

    I'm glad you like them though!

    ReplyDelete